- Foundation- The reason I recommend splurging on a foundation is because it goes directly on your skin, and the wrong products can cause some irritation. High-end brands also have a wider selection of skin tones for those women who have trouble finding the correct shade.
- Moisturizer- This product also goes directly on your skin, and for that reason it is extremely important to invest in something of good quality. Look for moisturizers that offer some anti-aging properties, antioxidants, and essential oils for your skin tone.
- Makeup Brushes- The right brushes can make any face look professionally done. This is why it is important to invest in at last three good brushes. Be sure to look for the ones with natural fibers because they last longer and feel much better than the synthetic.
- Mascara-Since mascara needs to replaced every 3 months, it makes no sense making a high-end purchase on this product so often.Drugstore mascaras such as Maybelline and Cover Girl both have excellent reviews in comparison to the department store brands. My personal favorite would have to be Great Lash by Maybelline. It's also the go-to mascara for many renowned makeup artists.
- Lipstick- Many of the drugstore brands have similar shades to popular high-end brand lipsticks. Youtube is overflowing with gurus more than happy to share those with you. All it takes is a little research.
- Eyeshadow- With the right primer and brushes, any eyeshadow can work. There are a number of deals online for good quality, affordable eyeshadows. There's absolutely no need to spend $16 for one color. BH Cosmetics always has great deals on their 120 color palettes.
What are your favorite products to splurge on? Leave a comment below. :)